Table of Contents
According to the new rules of Iqama renewal, an expat can renew his iqama online 3 months in advance before its expiry date. Here is the Iqama renewal process.
Requirements to Renew Iqama
- Payment of Iqama Renewal Fee.
- Payment of Dependent Fee.
- Payment of Maktab Amal Fee.
- Valid Medical Insurance.
- The professional membership account must be active.
Iqama Renewal fee
According to the new rules, here is the breakup of all the fee which an expatriate needs to pay for the Iqama renewal;
- Iqama Renewal Fee: SR 650.
- Dependent Fee: SR 4,800/dependent.
- Maktab Amal Fee: SR 9,600.
- Insurance: SR 500.
- Total Fee: SR 11,000 without the dependent fee.
Renew Iqama online
After completing all the above-mentioned requirements, your sponsors will log in to the Muqeem account and renew the Iqama.
- The iqama renewal is possible 3 months in advance.
- You can check the Iqama expiry date on the Absher account.
- If your Iqama card is going to expire, you can visit Jawazat to print a new card. There is no need for the new card if the expiry date is not written on it.
Iqama renewal after 60 years
The GRO of a company or Kafeel will have to visit Jawazat to renew the Iqama of 60 years plus expatriate employees.
Iqama renewal while expatriate is out of KSA
- Iqama renewal of an expatriate employee while he is out of KSA: NO
- Iqama renewal of an expatriate dependent while he is out of KSA: YES
Iqama renewal after the expiry
If the Iqama is not renewed within 3 days of its expiry, the following penalties are applied. It is the responsibility of the employer to pay the fine if the delay is caused by him.
- First Time: SR 500 fine.
- Second Time: SR 1,000 fine.
- Third Time: Deportation of expatriates.
Iqama renewal for son above 18 years
If you have a dependent son under your sponsorship in the age bracket of 18 years to 25 years, you need to submit the following additional documents to the GRO of your company to renew Iqama.
- Application form.
- A certificate issued from the college/university.
- Passport Size photo of the son.
- Iqama copies of the son and father.
- SR 500 additional fee.
For the latest updates, you can join our WhatsApp group.